Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Photo Number 930

This is a Cabinet Card from the antique shop in Duluth Minnesota.

 

Cabinet Card Mrs Mary Krause North Branch Duluth Antiques

I believe the photographer is SA Barton of North Branch Minnesota, he was there from 1894 to 1896.  I think that time frame fits this photo well.   He sleeves are poufy and her hair is all pulled back but her bangs are all curly.  Her dress has a high neck trimmed in lace and held with a brooch.

Cabinet Card Mrs Mary Krause North Branch Duluth Antiques back

Mrs Mary Krouss??  North Branch Minn R3 North Branch Township

Tomorrow I have another photo that has a very similar name on it. (Mary Krause or Krausl)

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

10 comments:

  1. I'd really like to know who the woman is on the far right in the left photo in the header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too..but I love her attitude! It is one of my favorite photos:)

      Delete
    2. Me, too, Iggy! I wish I could see an enlarged version...more than knowing who she is, I'd love to know what was going on right at that moment. It almost looks like an argument is about to break out! "Attitude" is probably a nice way to put it...

      Delete
  2. One would think with the married name and what seems to be an address, this person would be easy to find - but I'm not having any luck with it. Krouss is unusual but there are people with that name. Krauss, Krausz and Krause are more common. Perhaps the name being German means it was misunderstood/mispelled?

    She doesn't look that old to me.. Perhaps 25-30?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would guess 20. i think the name is most likely misspelled:(

      Delete
  3. Another great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen quite a few photos with that hair style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My aunt has soft, curly hair and had that same bang and pulled back hair in an old photo of hers. You never know what memories will be conjured up when seeing old photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Copy of the blog mailed to Katherine in Colorado July 12

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie