Friday, July 6, 2012

Photo Number 926

This is a snapshot from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Summer hats DL Antiques

Quite a group on a bench.  I think that is a lake in the background.  The fellow on the right looks like he is going on a safari!

Summer hats DL Antiques

The lady in the center appears to have some of those nylons that have the dark seam up the back.   I have heard of women that couldn’t afford nylons painting brown lines up the back of their legs.  I recall ladies always asking..”Are my seams straight?”

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. I have two "pith helments" like the guy on the right. They are the most comfortable yard hats that I have because the hat itself doesn't sit on the head and the air can circulate freely, thus, cooling the head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hats are so funny! We had a neighbor man (Lillie's husband) who often wore a hat like this and we giggled at him.
    I cannot imagine wearing nylons and/or painting stripes up my leg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandpa always wore a pith helmet when he went fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat photo - hard to see what is in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie