Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Photo Number 191

This a Cabinet Card.  The photographer was Meddaugh on Main Street in Lead, South Dakota.  I got this photo in an Antique Shop in Perham, Minnesota.  Meddaugh was in business from 1862 to 1926, under both the names Robert J or Isaac, it could have been a father and son, so it is difficult to date this photo..I liked the chair..its subtle paisley print and all those pom poms..but look at the rug, it needs to be straightened.  The child, who might just be a boy is dressed beautifully in a gown made from his mothers petticoats! I will date this photo at 1890 to 1900.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful child! I look at the pom poms and think, oh Magic could really make hash out of that chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Connie you are my kind of person! I thought I was the only one that worried about such things as rugs needing straightening. My kids make fun of me and my petty quirks. Good thing those pom poms are hanging straight on that chair or I would be obsessed with them being out of whack too. At least the baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie